Customers Rate the NEX High in Annual Survey

June 16, 2016 | By kgabel
VIRIN: 160616-N-ZZ219-4698
NEX stores around the world received the outstanding score of 86 on a 100 point scale on its annual Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) survey. This is the same score NEX stores received last year. NEX stores in the continental United States and overseas saw no changes from last year either, receiving scores of 87 and 81 respectively. This annual survey shows how customers rate the NEX in a number of different areas including customer service, pricing, problem resolution and merchandise. “The fact that the NEX has maintained such a high score consistently over the past several years is especially impressive,” said Chief Executive Officer Robert J. Bianchi of the Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM). “Our score has remained above 80 since 2007 and above 85 since 2012. Scores like these place the NEX among the highest recorded for retailers in studies using the same methodology. NEXs continue to surpass some of America’s most customer-focused retailers.” NEX associates were rated very high on this year’s survey with “NEX associates go the extra mile to help me” receiving a score of 87 while “NEX associates are friendly and welcoming” receiving a score of 90. Customers also feel that the NEX cares about them, giving that question a score of 89. Customers also gave scores of 80 or greater to merchandise assortment and quality as well as the NEX having merchandise in stock when it was needed. Pricing questions received scores of 80 or greater including having merchandise in all price ranges, value and adjusting prices to meet competitor’s prices. Problem resolution remained strong among the survey responders. This year’s survey again showed that incidences of problems remained very low and resolution of those reported problems remained high. Survey results by individual store showed that 90 percent of all NEXs had a score of 80 or above while the remaining 10 percent of the NEXs scored between 70 and 79. Each NEX reports to a district which is overseen by a NEXCOM District Vice President. Scores for each NEX within a district were averaged to calculate each district’s score. District scores in the continental United States remained at 87 while overseas districts remained unchanged at 81. During 2016, NEXs will continue to concentrate on communicating its value pricing, focusing on merchandise, providing PREMIER customer service and maintaining and investing in store environment and shopping experience. NEXCOM began surveying its customers in 1998. Over 13,500 NEX customers around the world participated in this year’s survey. May/June 2016