Capt. Linscott retired in November 1968 after 27 years of active service while serving at the Naval Supply Center, Oakland, California. He was commissioned an ensign in the U.S. Naval Reserve in August 1941, transferring to the Supply Corps in August 1943. He augmented to the Regular Navy at a later date. Capt. Linscott received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Missouri in 1941 and his master’s degree from Stanford University in 1952. Duty stations included: Office of Public Relations, Washington, D.C.; Staff, Commander Amphibious Force, South Pacific; Staff, Commander Transportation Group, South Pacific Force; Navy Receiving Station, Houston, Texas; Staff, Commander Transport Squadron Twelve; USS Holland (Arg 18); Office of Industrial Relations, Washington, D.C.; Bureau of Supplies and Accounts, Washington, D.C.; Naval Supply Depot, Guam; Ordnance Supply Office, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.; Armed Forces Supply Support Center, Washington, D.C.; Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Washington, D.C.; and Staff, Commander Cruiser-Destroyer Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet.